Thursday, February 26, 2009

Shoes!?




I am now in post-op week 6! The last couple have weeks have gone by quite quickly, presumably because I have been back at work half-days. As most of the scabs have fallen off my feet and my scar is looking somewhat healthier I decided to buy some new shoes. Being limited to wearing my sneakers, my feet were hot and bothered by the end of the day. I did a bit of trawling on the interwebs, and after some research located all the stores in my city that are stockists of the old-people comfy shoes eg. Hush Puppies, Diana Ferrari and Homyped.
After dragging my sorry feet around town to shoe store after shoe store, I soon realised there was little chance I was going to find a pair of shoes that I could squeeze my swollen feet into and at the same time want to wear out in public. I succumbed to the fact that my only real option was probably going to be a new pair of Crocs and started the mission to walk up to the main suppliers in town. After half a block I was limping on one leg and dragging the other foot on the pavement. By chance I decided to take a breather by stopping at a bushwalking shop and to my delight they had a nice selection of walking shoes and sandals. I was so exhausted from the shopping trip from hell that I bought the first pair of shoes that I could get my feet into! They looked like sneakers, had stretchy straps, were waterproof, well ventilated and had a toe protector! The shop assistant took pity on me and gave me a 10% discount! I was ecstatic! I had accomplished my impossible mission of finding shoes that could make my feet look normal! I was so in love with my shoes I wore them all afternoon while I recovered in bed!!!



Two days later I ended up back in town to buy a pair of Crocs because they're so much easier to slip on and off in a hurry...

No comments:

Post a Comment