Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Bunionectomy Post-Op Appointment - 9 weeks!




I had my final post-op appointment with my surgeon today! He was very positive and happy with the way my feet are healing and even congratulated me on my progress... He told me that in another three weeks I should see a dramatic difference in the way my feet both look and feel especially in regard to swelling. He advised that I wait until then (the 12 week mark) to start buying "proper" new shoes... he also said that I should be good to get back en pointe at ballet class!

Not surprisingly (at least to me), I am exhausted from all the walking I have done today. I've been awake since 4:30am, caught two planes, travelled over 1200 kilometers, spent at least two hours pounding the pavement and done a 90 minute jazz class! I have a feeling I will be waking to some very swollen feet and some incredibly tight calves :p

5 comments:

  1. Hi my names Vanessa and I'm totally looking into the same surgery right now. I was wondering if I could email you privately to ask some questions, it would really really help a lot. If you write back to this please email me at vanessa.valentine@live.com

    Hope to hear from you my fellow bunion friend !!
    Ness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I came across your blog by accident. I've had bunions since young, and been thinking of going for operation on the left foot as it aches when I walk for too long.

    You mentioned that you had your surgery done in The Park Clinic, Melbourne. Can you please tell me roughly how much did it cost say for just one bunion on the left foot? Can you claim back from private health insurance?

    If possible can you please email me back on angiegal3@gmail.com

    Hope to hear from you soon :)

    Sorry for all these questions.

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having my surgery in January 2013 and came across your blog whilst trolling through the internet researching bilateral bunion surgery recovery.....it has been very informative and certainly makes me think that I wil be back on my bike and exercising much sooner than I thought provided I do all that the Dr tells me regarding rest!!! I'm afraid I am not one for sitting still and doing nothing so that is the part I am dreading the most...more than any pain!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, I have a double osteomoty surgery scheduled two weeks from today and I'm wondering if its possible to contact you privately to ask some questions? I'm quite nervous about the procedure, moreso about what life will be like immediately after the procedure and you seem to be one of the only people blogging about a positive experience from this. Can I contact you for more information?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Or if you can email me that would be great too. It's rainechristina2@gmail.com

    Thank you in advance!

    ReplyDelete