Saturday, January 31, 2009

Bye Bye Stitches!!!





My stitches are out! Yay! It was a strange sensation... Like a really thick deep ingrown hair being pulled out from underneath the skin.

Most of the wounds have healed, with the exception of the top of the incision on the inside of my left big toe. My doctor used a butterfly stitch to bring the skin back together, so one more week of bandages which means I STILL can't get my feet wet!!!

So I'm back to sitting in the bath with my feet hanging out over the edge, and wiping my feet down with clean cotton balls and warm water before my daily physio and massage session. The physio seems to be going well. I'm bending the big toes as far backwards and forwards as I can for around 3 minutes each and then stretching the remaining toes out for 1 minute. I then massage the swelling up my feet using sorbeline cream and finish my treatment off with ice-packs wrapped around my feet and secured with a rubber band. It feels fantastic to take my bandages off for twenty minutes and feel the fresh air on my beautiful new toes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment